DVD / Media Player that plays MKV files?

NeilPrior

Novice Member
Hi.

I'm looking to kill two birds with one stone and get a DVD player that has an in built Media Player that plays files off a plugged in USB memory stick. Now, I've found several but many of them seem to have serious limitations with regards to what file types they support. Specifically, I need one that plays MKV files.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Neil

mtenga

Distinguished Member
These days we are talking about Blu-ray players mostly, not DVD players. Perhaps you should think about a dedicated media player rather than full Blu-ray player if MKV is the main priority. Something like the Vero 4K is around a £100, if you can stomach using Kodi. Dune and Zappiti are more expensive but I prefer them. There is a whole sub-forum dedicated to this subject.

If it has to be a full player of those that are available new today I would look at the Sony X800 II which is decent for MKV.

examiga1990

Standard Member
You know bud you might just be better off say getting an Amazon Firestick 4K and load it with Kodi which plays all you want (and more) cheap and works all that you throw at it.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
You know bud you might just be better off say getting an Amazon Firestick 4K and load it with Kodi which plays all you want (and more) cheap and works all that you throw at it.
No bitstream of HD audio that way. Plus adding a hard drive is not the easiest.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom