1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Magic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Andrew Stratton, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Andrew Stratton

Andrew Stratton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone out there give an opinion on DVDMagic and the quality of their DVD modifications, before and after sales service etc. Prices seem competitive but it would be nice to hear some positive views before buying.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,688
    When I replaced my first generation DVD player(R1 RCA) I wanted a progressive scan output. Only DVD magic had the Toshiba 5109 in stock and at a good price. It is auto selecting and so far I have had no problems with R2 or R1 disks - but I have yet to try an RCE disk.
    The macrovision is disabled and the machine had the switch mode power supply changed to 230 volt. (it is a US market only machine)

By the way, the output on a R1 disk can be selected to output PAL or NTSC all at 525/60

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a player from them about 6 months ago for a pal. No probs with the mod, it works fine. However: The salesperson told me that "all our players are modded for PAL60". The player I bought (Sony 335) wasn't. When I phoned later to have a moan, I was just told "the girl was wrong". No apology. Also; "our auto region change plays any RCE discs, no problem" WRONG! We had to change the region manually for RCE discs.
    Hope this helps.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

4. adamhamilton

adamhamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Toshiba SD200E from them, so far I have had no problems playing R1 or R2, but have not tried any RCE discs yet.