1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD live concert sound problem--Help please!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nancyjor, Feb 22, 2003.

1. nancyjor

nancyjor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Sony STR-de835 digital 5.1 receiver and a Pioneer DVD player. The 2 are connected by a Monster coaxial cable. When I play music dvd's (concert dvds) the sound is distorted at times, wobbling, kind of up and down, in and out--very annoying to listen to. Sound seems fine when playing a movie dvd. Any ideas as to the cause of this, tips or advice to remedy it would be greatly appreciated. What could be causing this?????
    Thanks,
    Nancy

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Have you tried listening to the DVD on another player?? What particular disc is it ... the problem could be more the disc than the player or amp.

3. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    I've not really been to many concerts (err ok, one...) but I thought maybe the sound output at concerts goes up and down and gets muddled a fair bit....
    I suppose if they are recording that and pressing it to DVD as they would rather not lose the "concert atmosphere" they dont bother ironing out the creases as it were?

Or am I talking poo.....?

4. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Nancy,

Which concert DVD's are giving the problem?

Steve

5. nancyjor

nancyjor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's Fleetwood Mac, The Dance. Thanks to all for replying but my husband seems to have fixed the problem. He played around with some of the settings on the amp and the distorted sound disappeared. I think the real problem is that we don't have the owner's manual to the amp...

Thanks!!