1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Jitters?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by (GTV)Chris, May 31, 2002.

1. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Chaps,

Ok, Bought a raft of kit for my pc I need to ask a basic question.......My Pioneer 106S jutters like buggery, on both region 1 and 2?
    Noticeable mainly on pans etc.
    I am using Power DVD.
    I know I haven't got the picture side of things correctly sorted out as far as Powerstrip goes but shouldn't this player play the discs as smoothley as my domestic dvd player?

Ta

Chris

2. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theres a few little things to check for smoth DVD playback.

Is the DMA enabled for the DVD drive?
    If you have any superfluous background tasks, go into task manager and cancel them.
    If you're using a radeon then you should use hardware acceleration if PowerDVD has an option for it.

There could also me issues with out of date drivers and some sound cards can cause problems I think.

The main things to check first are the first two on the list.

Refresh rates can cause slight jitter I think, but if it's serious then it's more likely to be something else.

There's people on here who will help you a lot more than I can.

I also noticed that through a PJ, DVD's with slight jitter in the transfer tend to be amplified on a larger screen. I have done various tests on a normal DVD player on a TV and HTPC and projector, and soem disks just have jittery pans.

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    What projector are you using? I have been looking into this problem on my system for the past six months and having changed every component on the PC among many other things I have come to the conclusion that it's my PJ that's causing the judder using the VGA input check out this thread, it migh be of some help to you.

Conor