1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Internet Customer Service.....Or Not As The Case May Be.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by EmissarY, Jul 12, 2001.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if any of u can give me any info/dealings u may have had with a company call 'dc-dvd.net'? I ordered a copy of Robocop Criterion about a week and a half ago and it has not arrived yet. This is not my main problem. My problem stems from this internet company's rather questionable telephone number: 07050 603283 Now when ever I ring this number all I get is a dead tone....anyone else tried ringing it and got through. I want to contact them to speak to someone but either I am blind or there is no other way save sending an email.....WHICH I DESPISE DOING!!! Its impersonal and does not get questions answered quickly, especially when u give your credit card details over the net, u tend to wnat some reassurance no?

Thanx for taking the time to read this, please anyone, reply if u had any problems or if u have any advice I would be grateful.

EmissarY. :)

2. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Find out where they are based, usually stated under a 'Help' or 'Contact Us' heading. If they're in the US then you will have to add the dialling code and allow for the time difference (and the extra cost of dialling over seas).

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Emmisary,

Firstly - don't panic! I use this company for 99% of all my DVD purchases, and with all of my recent purchases, there have been no delays or problems.

The phone number you have is a regular UK mobile telephone number, that Dave Castledine owns. (He being the D.C. in DC-DVD.net!)

The reason this number: 07050-603283 is currently dead, is beacuse Dave is on holiday, abroad, and his phone is switched off completely. Alternatively, he may have asked that the line be temporarily suspended.

As he has gone away for a couple of weeks, he doesn't want to come back to a hundred or whatever messges, from customers, friends, family or whomever else. (That's hardly a surprise. I wouldn't want that either.)

Do send him an e-mail however, at:

dave@dc-dvd.net or orders@dc-dvd.net

and you will get a reply, within about 24-48 hours, by his fill-in Customer Services helper!

Don't worry! Dave is STILL trading, and is NOT a fly-by-night company. He is, however, a one-man-firm. The Customer Service address is:

DC-DVD
    PO Box 5212
    Northampton
    NN2 8ZF

Their HQ and registered business address, however, is at:

DC-DVD
    c/o Transcoil LTD
    Suite 6
    Mill Mall
    PO Box 3085
    Road Town
    Tortola
    British Virginia Islands.

Hope this helps reassure you.

Pooch

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Robocop Critrion is out of print so it can take a while to get a copy.

5. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Pooch, I just got my Robocop Criterion (Woo!Hoo!) and am a happy bunny. Your reply to my post has helped clarify a lot of things and put my mind at rest. Thank you. Any hoo i think its time to watch ED-209 rip apart a corporate executive in uncut fashion....(cue the Homer Simpson drooling).

EmissarY :D :D :D

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Emissary,

No probs! Glad I could be of assistance.

Anyway, I couldn't let anyone slate the great Dave Castledine, could I?! :D :D

Pooch