DVD Insurance Replacement

ian lochrie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dom and General have after 3 returns with the repairers agreed to replace the Panasonic dmr-ex85 -2 year old ,the repairers said i will get a letter from Don&Gen with a list of units to pick from within a week .My initial delight has now gone due to horror storys about what i may be offered Any experience -good and bad

:(

Hi Ian

It's a fact of life that insurance companies will always try it on... That is their business and reason to be.

They will always offer you less than you truly deserve.

There is no reason you should profit from this happen stance... but equally there is no way you should lose out.

If their first offers fail to meet what is reasonably fair then steadfastly refuse to accept it... and state what you consider is fair and reasonable, and why.

I'll give you any backing I can if required.

Hi Ian

It's a fact of life that insurance companies will always try it on... That is their business and reason to be.

They will always offer you less than you truly deserve.

There is no reason you should profit from this happen stance... but equally there is no way you should lose out.

If their first offers fail to meet what is reasonably fair then steadfastly refuse to accept it... and state what you consider is fair and reasonable, and why.

I'll give you any backing I can if required.

Hi Gavtech had a letter this morning saying that they will contribute £208 so i am chuffed so tonight ,knowing the front display had gone and maybe the dvd drive was not right , i plugged the old unit in to see if I could get away with just using the unit to view the old recorded stuff on the hard drive via the on screen menu . But when it started up it makes a click and shuts down and keeps repeating itself on off and doesnt come on ,the process lasts about 30 seconds and you hear it power down then trying to come on but then goes off .Does this sound familiar or as it got something to do with the no power on the display which is off all the time .Cheers mate and thank you for all your brilliant advise .
:smashin:

Hi Gavtech had a letter this morning saying that they will contribute £208 so i am chuffed so tonight ,knowing the front display had gone and maybe the dvd drive was not right , i plugged the old unit in to see if I could get away with just using the unit to view the old recorded stuff on the hard drive via the on screen menu . But when it started up it makes a click and shuts down and keeps repeating itself on off and doesnt come on ,the process lasts about 30 seconds and you hear it power down then trying to come on but then goes off .Does this sound familiar or as it got something to do with the no power on the display which is off all the time .Cheers mate and thank you for all your brilliant advise .
:smashin:

Hi Ian

Sorry I missed this post.

This is not a particular pattern I recognise other than a failure to initialise which could be due to any one of a number of problems... so it's not really possible to be specific.

It may, or may not be related to the dead display.

Hi Ian

Sorry I missed this post.

This is not a particular pattern I recognise other than a failure to initialise which could be due to any one of a number of problems... so it's not really possible to be specific.

It may, or may not be related to the dead display.

Hi feller, I tried a few things and it turned out to be kinda locked because i held the power button on the unit for 10 seconds and it just bleeped and the unit came on so the thing that is wrong with it now is the dead front panel display which is a pain but I am that familiar with the unit i get by.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom