1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Inlay - New Policy?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by EmissarY, Sep 14, 2004.

1. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I just ordered 4 dvds a few days ago from play.com, The Rock CE, Con Air, Cach Me If You Can and Coming to America, all region 2.

My problem or annoyance is that 2 out of the 4, Catch Me If You Can, and Con Air, did not come with their dvd inlay cards , ie. the small card with the chapter listings. Now the other 2 dvds ordered had it but these did not and both were sealed in plastic wrap.

Now some may say I am quibling over nothing, but I have spent too much money on dvds in the past for this to be a problem.

So can anyone tell me if this is now new policy from dvd studios?? Has anyone else found this with their new orders from play.com?

Will be ringing play in the morning to check this out.

EmissarY.

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Ive noticed a lot these days have nothing inside.

Although i hardly ever read it i would still want it to be in there.

Saving money is my guess.

3. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess I will have to find out from play and pay a visit to my local shops.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Not all DVDs come with inserts (another way of saving on costs), so there's not much you can do (make your own perhaps?)

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    Dont think this is anything to do with Play.com, I have Catch Me If You Can and Con Air and neither have Inserts and these were bought from the High Street, companies are most likely doing away with Inserts to save money and to be honest, unless its a Booklet with info about the film I dont pay any attention to it, would rather have a clear dvd case with a double sided cover so the chapter info could be seen through the case like with most Fox titles.

6. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'd rather have a clear amaray case with 2 sided artwork like most australian DVD's are, the same DVD released here usually comes with one sided artwork, a grey case and no chapter listing insert. The exception to this seems to be FOX who's UK releases have the same clear cases and 2 sided art as australia (apart from film rating).

7. magicmushrooms

magicmushrooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest I like an little booklet to read but generally I never look at Chapter lists. I do find however that whenever there isn't a chapter list, I need one. go figure!

8. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the inlays myself. With having a room dedicated for my system, i have the odd one in a glass clip frame. Look quite nice too seeing as they don't have the age certificates etc... all over them. I also like the booklets too though much easier on the eyes then reading text of the TV as it strains my eyes abit