1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Import & DVD Box Office

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by valhalla, May 14, 2004.

1. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long do these guys take to ship stuff?

I have a DVD on order at each, both already released into the DVD stratosphere, yet one week later - not even dispatched!

Sorry this is along the lines of my last thread, but hey - I choose new suppliers occasionally!

:p

2. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    DVD Box Office used to be quite good, but at the moment, they are actting like DVD Import, i.e. although their site displays items as 'normally despatched in 24 hours', (thus implying that the item is in stock) they are not.

DVD Import is the worse as they charge your card immediately. At least DVD Boox Office doesn't.

I wouldn't mind so much if these discs were pre-orders, but they were released yonks ago.

I won't be shopping with DVD Import again.

3. smiler

smiler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Agree totally with jian need to be carefull with Dvdimport, when alls fine they're great but if something goes wrong then it can be a real hassle. Trying to get a refund can be a nightmare.

Its a pity cause I got loads of stuff off them but am currently having a tussle over a disk ordered 8 weeks ago, was supposedly in stock but is still pending.

At least after a few days of ordering you know Boxoffice dont have it and can cancel easily and the staff answer your mails.

Smiler

4. smiler

smiler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    As an afterthought.......

Should'nt this be in the "Talk" forum! not much of a bargain this. :devil: :laugh:

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,490
    Moved to DVD Talk