Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD home cinema panasonic SC-HT70 V.S sony dav-s300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by plasma2k, Aug 30, 2001.

1. plasma2k

plasma2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all,<br />ive been looking at getting a dvd home cinema sound system, and have found two that i like but dont know which to choose, could someone out there help me out and suggest the better one out of the two.<br />the two are the Panasonic SC-HT70 and the Sony dav-s300.

cheers<br />jack

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jack - this does not answer your question, but you should know that SONY have a DAV500 coming out soon (on the US website now - not sure when it will hit where you are) - and it is the same price as the DAV300.

This seems to me to mean that it will replace the 300. <br />The 3 differences are <br />1 - it plays SACD !<br />2 - it has extra 10W x 6 (40W)<br />3 - it has two way front speakers

So either wait for the 500 or make sure you get the 300 a little cheaper. My mate has the 300 and says while it doesnt lift his roof off - he loves it.

3. plasma2k

plasma2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for tht ill have a look at it.

but still does anyone out there ever had the panasonic sc-ht70?<br />if you have is it any good?

cheers<br />jack

4. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jack found an intersting article on the DVA300 for you, unfortunately it does not have a comparioson against the Panasonic.<br /><a href="http://www.hometheatermag.com/showarchives.cgi?5:0" target="_blank">http://www.hometheatermag.com/showarchives.cgi?5:0</a>

Good Luck