1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD home cinema panasonic SC-HT70 V.S sony dav-s300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by plasma2k, Aug 30, 2001.

1. plasma2k

plasma2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all,<br />ive been looking at getting a dvd home cinema sound system, and have found two that i like but dont know which to choose, could someone out there help me out and suggest the better one out of the two.<br />the two are the Panasonic SC-HT70 and the Sony dav-s300.

cheers<br />jack

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jack - this does not answer your question, but you should know that SONY have a DAV500 coming out soon (on the US website now - not sure when it will hit where you are) - and it is the same price as the DAV300.

This seems to me to mean that it will replace the 300. <br />The 3 differences are <br />1 - it plays SACD !<br />2 - it has extra 10W x 6 (40W)<br />3 - it has two way front speakers

So either wait for the 500 or make sure you get the 300 a little cheaper. My mate has the 300 and says while it doesnt lift his roof off - he loves it.

3. plasma2k

plasma2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for tht ill have a look at it.

but still does anyone out there ever had the panasonic sc-ht70?<br />if you have is it any good?

cheers<br />jack

4. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jack found an intersting article on the DVA300 for you, unfortunately it does not have a comparioson against the Panasonic.<br /><a href="http://www.hometheatermag.com/showarchives.cgi?5:0" target="_blank">http://www.hometheatermag.com/showarchives.cgi?5:0</a>

Good Luck