DVD Head Unit with USB for DIVX?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by phil5556, May 5, 2007.

1. phil5556

phil5556
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

I'm looking at putting a DVD headunit in my camper. I've bought a nice 10" screen and was looking at the JVC players but can't find a definitive answer as to whether they'll play video from an external USB drive or just MP3s. Also I've found some info that states they can only cope with upto a 4gig drive - no good as mine is 80gig.

Are there any other units that would play DIVX from an 80gig (or bigger!) drive under the £200 mark?

Cheers

Phil

2. R-P

R-P
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know the American salesfolder hints at the possiblity to run a 100Gb drive on the new AVX line (I also read the old 4Gb limit with e.g. the 6200). I do have one, but I did not test it yet, as my 40Gb HD draws one ampere, and I don't want to fry my USB-powersupply(Rated at half an ampere) within a week of buying it...

look at the table at page 3 out of 12
    They litterally say that a 100Gb HD will feature 25 movies @MPEG2 or 250 movies @DivX.
    They also state: "With select JVC headunits: you can enjoy DVD movies and also DivX(r) by USB connection"

I do hope this includes my unit...or they screwed me good...