dvd/hdd recorder with freeview twin tuner ??

kingmadness

Standard Member
Does anyone know of any dvd/hdd recorders out there with a twin freeview tuner intergrated ???

ive seen plenty with single tuner ie. the samsung sh853m.

any comments will be greatly appreciated .. :thumbsup:

Gavtech

Administrator
Such machines do not exist... because being a DVD recorder it would mean also having to have another encoder and complex switching.... and would be considerably more expensive. That does not apply to PVR's

Usually the best combination is a twin tuner PVR AND a DVD recorder for the best of all worlds and great flexibility.

kingmadness

Standard Member
Ive just seen this unit is this any good the SONY RDRHXD870

looking at it looks as if this is what i want freeview twin tuner with hdd recorder and dvd recorder all built into it ??

anyone who has one of these ??

cheers

ramjet

Banned
its a great recorder but you havent read what was written in post 2

there are NO twin tuner dvd recorders , not that one or any others either

that recorder has TWO tuners , one digital and one analogue

it does not have twin tuners

hope that helps

bradavon78

Novice Member
Ive just seen this unit is this any good the SONY RDRHXD870

looking at it looks as if this is what i want freeview twin tuner with hdd recorder and dvd recorder all built into it ??
Regarding a Hard Disk/DVD Recorder, when a manufacturer says Twin Tuner they mean One Analogue and One Digital Tuner.

Such machines do not exist... because being a DVD recorder it would mean also having to have another encoder and complex switching.... and would be considerably more expensive.
It's a pity they've not tried it though :(. I'm sure many would pay a premium price point for one.

I appreciate the current Recorders with Analogue and Digital Tuners are supposed to be used one or the other not together, i.e - You cannot watch the analogue tuner when recording from Digital and visa versa. They could give it two Digital Tuners but make one act like a PVR and be for Viewing only.

marty2005

Novice Member
Dual tuner is one or the other: analogue OR digital, just like switching inputs on a tv (av1, av2, analgue, digital etc.)

Twin is when each one is independent.

Hal_loe

Novice Member
Regarding a Hard Disk/DVD Recorder, when a manufacturer says Twin Tuner they mean One Analogue and One Digital Tuner.

It's a pity they've not tried it though :(. I'm sure many would pay a premium price point for one.

I appreciate the current Recorders with Analogue and Digital Tuners are supposed to be used one or the other not together, i.e - You cannot watch the analogue tuner when recording from Digital and visa versa. They could give it two Digital Tuners but make one act like a PVR and be for Viewing only.
Twin and even quad tuners do exist in Japan, just not in the UK. However the Japanese market is totally different to the UK and they are much more willing to pay the high prices.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom