DVD/HDD Recorder with EPG for <£250

nsherin

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a DVD recorder with a built-in hard drive. The recorder must have an Electronic Program Guide and must be able to be converted to multi-region via a remote hack. Freeview is optional, but the hard drive, DVD recorder and EPG are essential.

I've tried Richer Sounds - they don't seem to have anything suitable for that price - the Sony '560 they have for &#163;250 fits the bill perfectly in terms of spec, but it isn't multi-region.

I'd rather buy from a 'bricks and mortar' store than online, hence why the recorder has to be remote hackable, as most high street retailers don't seem to offer multiregion. I also want to stay with established brands - e.g. LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony etc.

Can anybody advise a suitable model that fits the bill, that's available off the high street? I've spent days trying to read up on specs and am getting rather confused.

Thanks,
Neil

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
I'm sure if you buy from one of the many Sony centres scattered around the country, they'll make the machine region-free for you - I know the Glasgow one did so for me, and that was a couple of years ago.

Also, you won't get an EPG unless you have a Freeview machine, as analogue TV does not have such a thing.

Cheers,

Martin.

nsherin

Just had a brainwave. I'm going for the Sony '560 from Richer Sounds and will use DVD Decryptor to back up the Region 1 DVD's that I've bought legally, as this will remove the region coding.

bigtim

Just had a brainwave. I'm going for the Sony '560 from Richer Sounds and will use DVD Decryptor to back up the Region 1 DVD's that I've bought legally, as this will remove the region coding.

Yeah, or just hack it to region free yourself with a One4all remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom