DVD HDD Recorder Sub £250

J

jayboro

Good day everyone. I have spent hours reviewing the forums and can't seem to find the answer i'm looking for so i'm asking for help.

I want to buy a DVD Recorder with a built in HDD to record from Sky (not Sky+). The following is required.

1. 80GB will be sufficient.
2. I-Link to allow me to edit from my dv video camera.

I'd like to add a surround sound system to it at a later date for sub £150.

I have looked at the following so far:

1. Liteon LVW 5026 (£200)
2. JVC DR-MH20 (£250)
3. Pioneer DVR 433HS (£250)

Or if anyone knows of a DVD Recorder with HDD and Surround Sound speakers Sub £400, then that would be perfect.

Thanks for any help

I don't know if you ever watch the shopping channels but Ideal World have as their one day special today the Liteon 5045 160g DVD/HDD recorder for £239.99 with a 30 money back guarantee.

Regards,

Martin

You may wish to add the Phillips 720 to the list Circa £224 at Dabs and Ebuyer, and has Guide + if that facilty is of any interest.

This months makro mail has the Goodmans GHDD177DVDR for £149 exc VAT. No idea what the machine is like but not a bad price. You do however need to know someone who has a makro card.

Thanks for your help. It seems the machines are all similar in spec. The best way forward would seem to be hands on and see how they perform in the shops.

I have had no luck in finding a surround sound system with HDD sub £400 ish yet.

Just to add to my note about the Liteon, I don't have one and understand it has had poorish reviews, but have heard that some are very happy with it but it does have DV in and also can record CD's as well as recording both + and - format DVDs.

Regards,

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom