• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dvd\Hdd Recorder & cable box set up advice

G

gappo

I currently am on virgin media which is connected into my rgb av1 scart on my tv , i need to buy a recorder which will record prgramms off the cable box & also freeview( recorder with built in freeview needed)? .would i be able to record 1 programme whilst watching another ie record cable & watch freeview & vice versa ..any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

MuksC

Established Member
hello, yes a recorder with freeview built in would be better than a recorder without, although while recording from cable you can't watch freeview as the recorder is "tied up", so a separate freeview box would be useful in that scenario.

you could record freeview (with a recorder with built-in freeview) and watch cable at the same time, but not the other way round without the separate freeview box.

any recorder with a spare scart socket on the back would allow you to record from cable, as you just connect the cable box to the recorder with a scart lead.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom