dvd/hdd player

kev w

Novice Member
Reaction score
Feb 26, 2019 at 7:54 PM

kev w

Novice Member

hi there, any help please, ive recently bought a samsung tv and because it had no scart connection i also bought a neoteck scart to HDMI converter to connect my toshiba dvd/hdd recorder , ive connected exactly as the product said which is plug in power lead ,scart from toshiba to converter and HDMI lead to tv also house aerial to in on DVD Player and coax from dvd player to tv after i did this the dvd player part worked perfect but when i did the initial set up for the hdd part i got to the auto or manual channel search on the menu it couldn't find any , im now lost

There was probably no need for the scart-HDMI convertor.
Although most modern TV's no longer have scart sockets most of them have component/composite inputs.
BTW, with queries like this it's always a good idea to include equipment model numbers.

many thanks for you reply, the samsung tv is a 65 inch7100 which seems to have only two component in ports one yellow and one blue and they don't seen to hold a lead in tightly and seem very loose. now that i have bought the start to HDMI connector i can't work out why the setup is not finding any channels

Those two sockets are for component and composite video/audio connections by way of the supplied short adaptor cables.
I would suggest you retune your DVDR by connecting it temporarily to another TV with a scart socket then reconnect it to your new TV once done.
I doubt the new TV or it's connection method has anything to do with the DVDR not finding any channels.
Go through the setup menu and if you have a “First Time Installation” option select that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom