1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD/HD Recorder with HDMI??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kop1973, Aug 15, 2005.

1. kop1973

kop1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Money no object DVD/HD recorder....is there any good ones coming out or anything I can buy now??

2. spannersuk

spannersuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To add to the question above – and this may be a dumb question – what is the benefit of HDMI on a non Hi Def DVD player surely you’ll get the same resolution as using a scart?

3. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Top o' the line Pioneer DVR-920H-S has HDMI out, and a 250Gb HDD, but it's hovering around the grand mark last I checked. I believe Samsung are about to release, if not already, an HDMI equiped machine. You can bet the others won't be far behind.

As for is it better than a scart? Well, it should be as scart is analogue, so it's had to have been through a D-A converter. As HDMI is digital, then it won't. But all things being equal you won't see a vast improvement, but there will be some. It would become much more obvious the larger your display, so if you're connecting it to a projector then HDMI would be definitely preferable. On a 28" CRT you'd probably be hard pushed to tell the difference. Not that I know of any 28" CRT TVs with HDMI inputs. By and large they tend to be on HiDef ready displays.

Regards

Mark

4. Topgunn

Topgunn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lg Rh7900h

5. gurivan

gurivan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Samsung DVD-HR725 (DVD-RAM/RW/R HDD160GB HDMI)
    Samsung DVD-VR325 (DVD-RAM/RW/R VHS HDMI)