1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD has only one scart - can I add satellite box?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by FinlandBlue, Sep 8, 2005.

1. FinlandBlue

FinlandBlue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new all-in-one system with a DVD/amplfier together as one. It has only one scart - I want to add into the system my satellite and digital channels (via seperate box with 2 scarts) - together with a LCD TV (2 scarts) --- is it possible to link them all when the DVD has only one scart?

I'm presuming the DVD scart goes to TV scart 1, and the satellite box scart goes to TV scart 2 - but how to transfer sound from satellite box to the DVA/amplifier?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You can connect the satellite box to the LCD via the scart socket which will transmit pictures to the TV but you can also connect a pair of phono cables from the satellite box to your amp to cater for the sound.

It will be worth checking the two scart sockets on the LCD to see what type of picture input they accept as they may not both accept RGB signals which would be the signal of choice and considerably higher quality than composite.

3. FinlandBlue

FinlandBlue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ian - both the TV scarts accept RGB. The phono cables I don't think will transmit 5.1 surround sound will they?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Sky Plus will output 5.1 and you will need a digital connector between the sat box and your amp to get the 5.1 in all it's glory.

Ordinary Sky only outputs Pro Logic via analogue outputs.