1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Hack for Philips

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by papabear, Jul 12, 2005.

1. papabear

papabear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I.ve being given a Philips DVDR 70 DVD Recorder and was wondering if anyone has a multiregion hack for it. Someone help me !! Please

2. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    DVD-R70 can be handset hacked as follows:

1)Via the "System" button on your Players remote, on your recorder (no disk in recorder), change the "Remote control used" from "DVD Recorder" to "DVD Player". Store it. (This is IMPORTANT!)

: 2)On your Players remote press Play 159
    The display on the recorder should now change to eleven dashes.

: 3) Still using your Players remote, tap in 121 212 005 255 (the last few digits will NOT be visible on screen but they WILL be there). Now press "Play" on your Players remote.

: 4)Power down your recorder for a few seconds. You now have a region-free Player!

: 5)..Via the "System" button on your Players remote, on your recorder (with no disk in recorder), change the "Remote control used" from "DVD Player" to "DVD Recorder". Store it.

3. pip2

pip2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Phillips DVDR70 which recently has stopped playing any pre-recorded DVD's. I was told this was because the multi-region code has stopped working. Has anyone any ideas what to do.

4. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Your machine is faulty, take it back and have a replacement! If the upgrade was at fault, then you would not be able to play discs from other regions, thats all. When NO DVDs play, thats usually a laser problem....

5. pip2

pip2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Justin

It still plays my own recorded DVD's so I am sure it is not the laser that is at fault.

6. Plasman

Plasman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have had a Philips dvdr70 for a while now and every now and then i would try to make it a multi region by hacking the usual and typing in the following.

: 3) Still using your Players remote, tap in 121 212 005 255 (the last few digits will NOT be visible on screen but they WILL be there). Now press "Play" on your Players remote.

NO joy at all....BUT I read somewhere that the last 3 digits should be 001.
    If you have had any problems with the 255 hack try the 001 and it should work.
    Now, where are my region 1's?

My screen is a Hitachi 42PD7200 still running it in and cant wait to start the tweaking and settings i have read around these forums.

7. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,117

Not necessarily, sometimes the motor packs up first... but either way, as Justin says, it's most likely there's a fault in the machine. To check the motor, stick your ear on the machine as you put a disk in, if you can't hear a disk spinning, then the motor's copped out and you can easily take it back as a motor fault.

Dave

Edit: oops too slow posting...obviously the motor works if it plays your own DVDrs