1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD format in CD midia... Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jubistraus, May 19, 2005.

1. Jubistraus

Jubistraus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Sorry if its a stupid question but I´m a newbie at video editing. I´m using Sony DVD Architect and I´m having problems to burn a DVD. I´ve already lost some expensive DVDs midias in the process :mad: . Is it possible to burn the prepared DVD directory (VIDEO_TS/ AUDIO_TS) in a less expensive CD midia? The size isn´t an issue for these first tests. Is it possible to burn that directory with other program, Nero for example, in a DVD midia? I want to do that just to be sure that DVD Architect isn´t the problem. My Nero write backup data without problem in DVD midia.

Best Regards,

Sérgio

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes you can burn the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders at root level onto DVD media with Nero if you created them in DVD Architect.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I always prepare my DVD to hard disk using DVD architect and then use Nero to burn the final DVD.

This is actually a throwback from when I used to use Pinnacle which I had no end of problems burning with.

It may take a bit longer doing it this way, but, touch wood, I've not had a single problem to date.

4. Jubistraus

Jubistraus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Thank you for helping. It´s take a little bit longer and some DVDs midias but I finally can do my first DVDs with a Architect + Nero. The result is good, if I don't have moviment in my videos... not extreme moviments like a F-1 racing, just people waving. When I watch the .avi directly from my camcorder (GS200PAL) to my TV set, or even in my PC, the scenes are perfect. After the rendering process from avi to mpeg I can notice a "pixel" efect in my PC. In my TV set this efect is worse. I've tried some rendering options and the NTSC seems to be the best to minimize the efects in the moviments. Otherwise the colors are not so good as PAL. Could you guys send me the configuration in Vegas and in Architect to do some good home videos?

Best regards,

Sergio

5. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I wouldn't go converting standards (PALto NTSC or vice versa) unnecessarily.

If you are using the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder in Vegas, just select to "Render As" MPEG-2 & choose the DVD Architect template that matches your source .avi format.

All you then have to adjust is the bitrate within the template by pressing "Custom" , going to the video tab. Make sure for best quality (but longer encode) that you select "Variable Bitrate Encode" & 2 pass.

You will have to work out the average rate to set based upon how long all the video is in your DVD project.

Simply total all the video together (including menus if motion menus) in minutes.

Then just do (for single layer 4.7Gb media)
    600/Number minutes = Average bitrate (for video & audio combined)

6. Jubistraus

Jubistraus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions but my DVD is only working in NTSC. I'm going to start a new thread with this specific render problem.