1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Feature request: resume for more than 1 dvd

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by cybersoga, Oct 19, 2004.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My old dvd player would remember where I left off for more than one disc - so I could watch a bit of a TV series, watch a movie, and then put the tv series disc back in and carry on where I left off. My arcam does have resume, but only for one disc. Would it be possible in a future software update to allow resuming of more than one disc?

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    On my DV88+ I just use the bookmark (MEM) to set a resume point for disks I haven't finished watching. When I pop the disk back in I select the bookmark and resume from there.

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for the tip!

4. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even if it proves too costly to implement bookmarks for more than one DVD, at least the ones memorized should be kept in non-volatile memory. If you are watching a movie and have to go out or simply go to sleep, or attend to other pressing tasks it makes no sense that you cannot power off the DVD and resume the film some hours after. Also you may have a visit, and play a CD during the conversation, and return to the film when she leaves!!

This is no gadget request. It a real life need. And it is available in £150 players.

5. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    If I press stop and turn the DVD player off, then turn it back on it does start where it left off. It only clears that data when I take the disc out. My old Sony used to hold the data even if I took the disc out unless I pressed stop twice before ejecting it.

6. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, the setting is stored in non-volatile memory. That is good. The problem seems to lie in that the "OPEN" Function is used to clear those settings. However the manual says "(until the disc is ejected or the player reset)".

In that case I suggest that they be cleared manually using the CLEAR button, instead of the open function.