1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 7Seven, Apr 1, 2004.

1. 7Seven

7Seven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a USB2 DVD Creator for my laptop. I'm having a lot (and I mean a lot) of pixilation, and the sound is poor (very low aswell). I've only got USB1, is this why I get pixilation? The sound jack is connected to line in, so the sound comes out of the speakers. I think the built-in mic on the computer just records the sound coming out of the speaker! Tried using mic socket instead, got probs, cant remember what it was now cos it's been I while since I've tried again. I tried to record quite a few times. My laptop's a little bit old aswell, about 3-5 yrs, only about 1.5-2 GB free space!
    What can I do to make it work? Get a new PC/Laptop? Get a USB2 Card? Thanks.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will never get satisfactory video transfer over USB1, even USB2 is stretching it a bit but will give acceptable results, it really sounds as if your laptop is not up to it, video files (even .mpg) can be very large and 1.5 - 2 Gb is not going to be any where near enough. I am afraid my recommendation would be a new PC with a firewire card and at least 120Gb HDD.