DVD Editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Leeray3, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right here goes.
    I have read loads of threads on this but am still not too sure so this is what I want to do.

I want to record from digital tv to my DVD Recorder (Using RW)
    I then put this disc into my PC and edit.
    Once I'm finished I want to put this back onto DVD (either + or - R).
    It's as simple as that.
    The final DVD must be at the highest quality and be able to play in any DVD player or players that except + or - R discs.
    Is this possible and what would be good software for this.
    I only need basic editing software but image quality and sound quality must be of the highest.

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,543
    Try this:

Ulead Video Studio 7

Robust VR Support
    VideoStudio 7 is the first complete video editing software to fully support the DVD –VR and DVD +RW Video Recording formats. If you own a camcorder that records to DVD or DVD set top recorders, you now have a way to capture, edit (directly on disc) and save video in the VR format.

Its available direct from Ulead for £51.72 but almost certainly cheaper from an online retailer such as Dabs.com or Ebuyer.co.uk

Mark.

3. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have now learned that this software does not work with DVDs that has audio recorded in AC-3.
    Is it worth waiting for the fix to this or is there any other software that I can use?
    Also does anyone know if I can change the audio format that I record in. My Recorder is the Philips 880 (Don't laugh!!)
    I have looked at the settings and can't seem to find a way of changing this.