• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dvd-dvix player

J

Julien_25

I am considering buying a dvd player with dvix playback.
But what is teh best model to get? :lease:
I have a budget of £70- £100
Any help would be great!

Thank you!!

NX3

Prominent Member
Pioneer 470 / 575, 470 is chearper. Use the search function on the forum and you'll find loads of info (mostly about the 575) but for divx playback they are identical.

J

Julien_25

Thanks a lot!
My lg multiregion player kind of died after 5 years, got a new mini player as a present last june and it's dying as well.
Really need a robust machine!

gonna check the pioneer then! Thanks again! :)

J

Julien_25

ok I can't find reviews for the Pioneer 575... only problem with the unit being noisy....

can anyone tell me if this is better than the Toshiba 340 (i think) ?

Thanks.

NX3

Prominent Member
Use search again and find all the post moaning about the Toshiba 340 having problems reading discs, no firmware updates etc....

J

Julien_25

ok !

But I got confused with Pioneer DV-575 and Pioneer DV-575A...

it's not the same right?
x :confused:

ghosty

Standard Member
hi,

also have a look at the philips dvp630, which you can get for under £70.
it plays dvd, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, dvd+rw, cd, cdr, cdrw and vcd, svcd, mp3 aswell as divx.
there is also a handy multiregion remote control hack
has scart, s-video, component, optical, digi coax and audio outputs and has progressive scan
so, quite alot of machine for the money...though u dont get a scart lead with it...and its pretty well built.
i helped someone get one of these as it was in their budget and had more functions than they wanted, its well worth a look in my opinion.

cheers,
g

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
poggs said:
Yes it is.
My DV470 is dead quite also, sometimes I hear it spin up during playback but it doesnt effect the playback and the noise can only be heard for a few seconds so if yours is making lots of noise I would get in touch with who sold it to you and get a replacement.

poggs

Established Member
Indiana Jones said:
My DV470 is dead quite also, sometimes I hear it spin up during playback but it doesnt effect the playback and the noise can only be heard for a few seconds so if yours is making lots of noise I would get in touch with who sold it to you and get a replacement.

i think I'm just really fussy. I tried 3 470's and they all swooshed. I then got it swapped for a 575A and its just the same. swoosh, swoosh, swoosh on playback. I relegated it to the bedroom and now use a sony 955. Its quiet, but doesnt play Xvid. Cant have everything!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom