1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive comparrisons...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Desticado, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi there.
    Anyone know of a useful 'at a sight' comparrison table of the perfromance of different DVD drives?

I have a Panasonic DVD-A360 which I've had for a couple of years and I wanted to see how it compares to some of the newer kit around.

2. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Dont know of any sites but I bet your player could give most of the current 500ish pound and below players out there a run for their money for picture quality. From what I remember your player got very good reviews when it was a current player. I think the manufacturers just rebox the same electronics with different front panels.
    At the moment some of them are just putting extra features on players i.e. SACD on the Sony players but it is debatable whether it would be a reason to change from your current player unless you wanted the features or change to a projection system.

Darren

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I dont have any complaints about it. I only ask as im about to get a new tv (when I can decide whether or not to risk getting a duff 36" Tosh) and fancied getting some nice speakers etc to go with it. I was tempted by the Sony DAV-s800 which comes with integrated amp/dvd player.

I think I would prefer to keep my Panasonic as it is chipped to region free (however I dont know how it reacts to RCE disks, but since I've not bought one yet (that I know of) I dont know if it handles them. This would be the only reason at the moment for me to change it).