• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dvd conversion to avi

AchillesGr

Standard Member
hi Guys,
i just setup my HTPC and i want to rip some dvds i have.
since now i triyed the xilisoft dvd ripper and the dvd fab with some probems.
1)the xilisoft seems very easy to use but there is a lesser image quality. i triyed to fix that with no good results.
2)the dvd fab seems to have very nice qualiti but even if my original dvd is at 720x480 the output is only 640x450

my questions:
is there any better software that that?
what are you guys using?

do anyone have an experience with the two above and can help me with the settings?
many thanks

STdrez625

Banned
I would give either fairuse wizard or AutoGk a go. I have used both with good success. Xilisoft has a large number of complainants. Neither of the above softwares will work with an encrypted disc, it would still have to be decrypted to an ISO for fairuse or Vobs for Autogk.
Fairuse has both a free and paid for version.

AchillesGr

Standard Member
thanks,
i wil try that.
i have already decriypted the dvds isnce these are copies .
now i want to take the whole dvd structure and make it a single file to put on the htpc.
how do i select the subtitles and merge them on the final avi?
with the Fairuse?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom