1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Connection

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by andrea, Dec 17, 2003.

1. andrea

andrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo,

I've recently bought a DVD reader Pioneer DV-2650 that I want to connect with an old Sony TVC having just an AV IN 6-PIN DIN connector.
    At now, I've connected the digital audio output (optic) to the sintoamplifier to obtain surrounds effect.
    Moreover it is my intention to connect directly the DVD video output to the TVC without passing for the sintoamplifier.

Now, I've some doubts sameone, probably, could solve:

1) Shall the analog video-audio outputs (RCA) necessarily be connected to the corresponding sintoamplifier analog inputs if the digital connection has been done?
    2) How can I adapt the DVD SCART o S-Video outputs signals ( extracting) for the TVC 6-PIN DIN connector?

Thank you for your attention,

Andrea.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You don't have to connect the analogue outputs from the DVD player if you have made a digital connection.

I don't know what a 6 pin DIN plug is and wonder whether you can buy an adaptor for it.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could make up your own lead if you know the connections on the 6 pin DIN, you can obtain 6 pin DIN plugs at www.maplin.co.uk (search for product code HH29G) The 6 pin DIN is quite unusual and I do not know of any one supplying ready made leads, some though (including Maplin) do supply ready made leads for a 5 pin DIN.