1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Concept

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Chandler, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I ordered a "film" with this company back in
    late July and I have still not received it - and I have to wait 21 working days until they will look into it! Has anyone else had any probs with this company I will certainly not use them again if this is their level of service!

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chandler,

You wrote: "I ordered a "film" with this company back in late July and I have still not received it - and I have to wait 21 working days until they will look into it!"

Firstly, if you ordered in July, then it's been nearly 3 months, since the order was placed, which means that you can keep hounding them until you get a response!

Second: how did you pay for the order? If it was by Credit Card, then I'd make sure that this company can't debit your card or CC account, until you get a reasonable response.

Thirdly: they have a forum, which you could try posting in. The address is: Forum Page

Hope you have some success, because from the look of their forum page, it seems that their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired! :eek:

Pooch

3. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I have already been charged and I have posted on the forum but no response!

If you have not guessed the "film" was of an adult nature and I was wondering if it had been seized by customs which it should not as it is within the new BBFC guidelines - would customs write to me to tell me that they had seized it?

By the way they have now stopped doing adult titles and I think I can guess why!!

I will go to Credit Card Co. and ask for a refund as title not rec'd!

Cheers for reply.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chandler,

You said: "If you have not guessed the "film" was of an adult nature and I was wondering if it had been seized by customs which it should not as it is within the new BBFC guidelines - would customs write to me to tell me that they had seized it?"

Firstly, whilst your chosen title may well be within the new BBFC guideline requirements, Customs may still take a different view. They seem to be like that, and are a little bit of a law unto themselves.

If they had seized the DVD in question, you would know about it, by letter! However, seeing as this does not appear to be the case, I get the impression that DVD Concept seem to be trying to screw-you out of an order, or else are hoping you won't remember ordering this particular movie. So, I think that it is in your best interests to a) contact your Credit Card company, and demand a refund, which they are legally obliged to do for you, and b) never use DVD Concept again. Try other online retailers instead, who will hopefully be a lot more reliable.... even if it is adult DVD's you want!

Personally, I'd recommend DC-DVD Link. They are a very reliable firm, if slightly more expensive than somewhere like Play 24/7. However, their catalogue of available material, is second-to-none!

Good Luck,

Pooch

5. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I can not access this link at the moment as I am at work (incase it is dodgy) - do they guarantee delivery of adult titles?

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chandler,

There are very few DVD e-tailers who will guarantee "adult" DVD titles, simply because it isn't worth their time. There are one or two companies that deal strictly with nothing but adult material on DVD, but I can't vouch for their choice, customer service, or reliability.

DC-DVD are a reliable firm, as I have used them for nearly 2 years now. In general, I would make one test purchase of a non-too-risky adult title, and see how that arrives at your doorstep, before trying anything more "near the knuckle", so to speak!

Ultimately, if a DVD gets stopped by Customs, then you're pretty much going to have every, single DVD parcel you order opened from there on in.... forever!

Pooch

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,515
    dc-dvd are good, but slightly more expensive.

However all their disc's are posted from within the UK, so they'll never see a customs post!!

Only downside is the surcharge on credit cards and switch cards.!!

8. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got an email saying the title had been lost in transit and would I want to swap for another title instead - there are no titles that I currently want (although thinking about A Knights Tale) so I have asked for a refund TWICE but no reply!!

I don't really want to use this firm again EVER even for a replacement as that may take ANOTHER 21 days before I get it and I will prob have to complain AGAIN!!!!

For info:- the item was charged on 24/8 but not shipped until 20/9 I thought they were only supposed to charge when the title is shipped!!

PLEASE BE WARNED IN MY OPINION NOBODY SHOULD USE THIS COMPANY DUE TO THEIR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOT JUST ME WHO IS GETTING SHAFTE LOOK AT FORUM SOMEONE WAITED 5 MONTHS)

DVDCONCEPT ARE NOW NAMED AND SHAMED!

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chandler,

If you paid by Credit Card, then get straight onto your bank and get them to refund you your money!

If not, you could sue them, but it probably isn't worth it! I'd just stop using the company, and make sure that you stick to more reliable firms. May I suggest DC-DVD?! :D :D

Pooch

10. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to let you know that after 2 emails I got a refund!!!!