dvd component to VGA input?

SNICK

My DVD has component outputs. I've read somewhere, that if i get a 3 RCA to HD 15pin lead, that i can connect direct to the PC input on the back of my panny pw6. Is this correct ? Or will i need some kind of converter. If i get his cable, (for 25 quid) - this will save me on having to buy a component board at 4 times the price.

am i missing something here??

V5-APS

I think you will find that the Pw6/PWD6 can accept both RGB and YUV component thru' the VGA port.....all you need is the cable, from Lektropak's.

symanski

We've done leads for the 6 series, and others long before the 6, for exactly this purpose. I prefer to take a good quality VGA lead and modify it.

It's important to choose good quality leads, but custom building VGA plugs is a real pain! Hence, if you can't go for something such as a Better Cables lead, then best to pick a quality pre-made VGA lead and modify to suit.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

MAW

Banned
Don't know if you've seen a lecktropaks lead, John, but actually they are just what you describe, and quite well done. Soldering a VGA plug is certainly not for the casual solderer.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom