DVD component on TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by apitoman, Sep 1, 2005.

1. apitoman

apitoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Iam planning to buy a new TV for my mini home theater. My DVD has Y,Cb,Cr video component. Can I Plug these components to Y,Pb,Pr on the TV, since TV with Y,Cb,Cr is hard to find in my place. Need your advice. Thanks

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Toshiba 32 & 36ZP48P or 36ZP46P - Component inputs & PAL PS.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147573

Also Panasonics 32PD30 & 36PD50 range.

The "thinking man on a budget" way to get the best possible VFM in relation to performance/cost ratio from a display.

Way better than LCD or Plasma, and at quite a saving.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi guys,

I have a Tosh 32ZP48 and am feeding it a diet of prog-scan via some QED component leads from a Pioneer DV-575a.
    As CJROSS states the Tosh's and Panny's accept prog-scan, and IMHO you wont be disappointed if you got yourself one of the Toshiba's.
    I did try a STARLOGIC (??) dvd player when I first got the Tosh as it did PAL and NTSC prog-scan, and thought YEAH, the picture looks better than thru scart. Then I borrowed a mates Tosh SD-340, and noticed an improvement.
    However, I now have (after reading so many good things about it), a Pioneer DV-575 from Richersounds and am totally besotted by the prog-scan pics I am getting. If you have the budget, may I suggest either the 32 or 36 inch Toshiba, AND the Pioneer DV-575, connect them up using some decent component leads (I am using a QED P-CV1 lead).
    As a bit of a bonus, the Pioneer is also multi region and plays SACD/DVD-A aswell. The Tosh's (48 series) also have on-board DD and PRO-LOGIC decoding to boot. Comes supplied with 4x sat speakers and a built in subwoofer. I dont use the on-board decoders as I have a seperate AV receiver, but may well come in useful for someone who can't or won't have a full blown seperate surround system.

All the best,

Graham.