• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dvd combi or not ?

jtfab75

my niece is wanting a tv for her bedroom.i'm looking to spend between £150-£200.i'm not sure what to get her. a lcd 19" + on it's own or with a dvd built in (also must have freeview).

are the dvd players reliable and what make and model should i go for
thanks

rusty mechanic

hi mate
after reading alot of bad reviews about in-built dvd players not being reliable, i went against advise and got one for the conservatory. to cut a long story short, after a month the dvd broke:suicide: swapped it for a better spec lcd without a dvd built in and it's been faultless ever since. just something to think about before you buy. good luck

rusty mechanic

hi mate
i ended up getting a 20" LG from play.com for £270 but you can get just as good for less now. i was warned about the eject mechanism breaking on built in dvds and that is what went on mine.

Ben

I'm with Rusty, go for a seperate TV & DVD player. Afterall, you rarely see any well know brand TV/DVD combos, plus you've just about got the budget to get a decent set of both :thumbsup:

Spend £150 on the 19" LG M198WA, which can be found midway down this page - the offer's just expired, but they're normally pretty good at Richer Sounds, so it's certainly worth a try. That leaves you up to £50 to find yourself a decent (upscaling-?) DVD player :smashin:

Last edited:

Ben

I'll get my coat :D

(It was £180 the other day when I looked online).

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom