DVD collection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sparkey500, Mar 26, 2006.

1. sparkey500

sparkey500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking to add these to my collection. Would you say these where good or could you recommend some for me?

Wedding Crashers
    Domino
    Lord Of War
    Man On Fire
    King Kong
    Blade Trinity
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 1

Feel free to suggest some to me.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +346
    ok.

Wedding Crashers- Not seen but heard very mixed reviews. If you are a big fan of owen wilson then maybe give it ago
    Domino- very lossly based on a true story and directed by tony scott of man on fire, enemy of the state, top gun, crimson tide. Again seen some mixed reviews.
    Lord Of War-cant comment, although I heard it was billed as an action movie and in reality it isnt.
    Man On Fire-Takes a while to get in to but is a pretty good revenge violent thriller.
    King Kong-Not seen it yet.
    Blade Trinity-The worst of the blade films and nopt really worth getting unless you want to complete your blade movie collection
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 1- If you like your Sci-fi drama dark and gritty then this is a must buy (fantatsic show) lots of BSG info in my sig below;)

3. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    Wedding Crashers - Not seen
    Domino - Average 6/10
    Lord Of War - Not a bad movie 7/10
    Man On Fire - Very good 9/10
    King Kong - Not seen yet
    Blade Trinity - Poor for the Blade series 4/10
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 1 - Very good viewing 9/10

:)

4. sparkey500

sparkey500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so you would say to buy:
    Lord of war
    Man on fire
    Battlestar
    Domino (if theres nothing else)

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    I haven't seen Domino but do recommend the others. I just finished BSG and it has left me wanting more.

Man on Fire was excellent and quite a bit emotional at times. Lord of War was also better than I thought. I only got it as it was Nic Cage and he hasn't disappointed me yet with his films.

6. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503

I would buy Man on fire and Battlestar. I would rent Lord of War and Domino, unless you can get them cheap. :)

7. pRot3us

pRot3us
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    King Kong is definately worth getting :smashin:

8. ViperRobK

ViperRobK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd get blade trinity just for the Ryan Reynolds character and i would get lord of war as well. people say king kong is good but i got bored after an hour and after three hours i was near death

9. sparkey500

sparkey500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, nice to see mixed comments. Man On Fire and Battlestar where great, so looks like to get these, but when I rented Domino and Lord of War I liked them in a way telling a story in a way so still thinking about them (I do like Keira Knightley though.)

Keep the comments coming.

10. rmoxon

rmoxon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wedding Crashers: Very very Funny movie with some classic moments, get it imediatley

Domino: Pretty fun but not exactly deep, and Knightleys voice is annoying.

Lord Of War: Really enjoyed this, its a bit like goodfellas but the main guy is an arms dealer not a mobster. If that makes sense.

Man On Fire: The first half of this is terrific. The second half dosnet work and Tony Scott's demented use of style was more suited to Domino than this.

King Kong: Fun adventure movie, but I wouldnt buy it as its too drawn out and you wont want to watch it often.

Blade Trinity: Bad Film, dosnet come close to the first two, Ryan Reynolds' few comedic moments are the only highlight of this otherwise really bad movie.

Battlestar Galactica - Season 1: Stunning, one of the best shows on TV, its just awesome in every way.

As for recomendations, I'm still trying to get people to go out and support the most fun film ever made, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. So if you havent seen that, go buy it right now. Was easily the best and most enjoyable film released last year.

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,075
    Agreed there is a very good film there trying to brake out of the stylization. Its definitely worth watching but I would not was to watch it repeatedly as the style always reminds me I watching a film than watching an event unfurling.