DVD changers where from?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by minimivic, Aug 30, 2002.

1. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Funny request i know but I am looking for a Multidisc (100+ disc) DVD changer to put into an install.

Sony did the 850/860 for a while now dont do them,
    Kenwood do a DVF-J6050,

Anyone got any ideas or good/bad experiences with DVD changers.

Who has them available?

2. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Sharky,

I wasn't aware that Sony had discontinued the DVP-CX860 & the DVP-CX870D.

I have a couple of (Region 1) 860's and intended to get a couple more!

Incase your interested, I also have 2 DVP-CX850D 200 disc Multichangers for sale at £200 each.

These are Region 1 machines imported from the USA, these have the benefit of having component outputs which I think I'm right in stating, that the UK Region 2 model didn't have. Also being true Region 1 machines there are no problems with RCE discs.

One machine has had about 50 or 60 discs loaded in it and the other (believe it or not) has never been used. The 860 came out and I bought them instead. Both are boxed, mint, & a bargain for anyone looking for this model. ( They would of course require the purchase of a step-down transformer to use them on 240v.)

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

3. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    To All,

Sorry about the last post, got a bit carried away!

I do of course realise that the correct forum for selling items is the classified ads!.....Should have sent a pm to Sharky!

SORRY.

KBDVD.

4. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks KBDVD,

Can you tell me if the 860/870 can do R2 as well?

What about your 850's?

5. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello again Sharky.

My 850D's are true Region 1 players & as such, I don't think they would be able to play PAL Region 2 discs even if you were to get them adapted for multiregion as having been imported from the USA they output a pure NTSC signal only.

There were PAL, Region 2 850D's that would probably have been adaptable for multiregion ( can anyone confirm this?) and once so done, would probably play Region 1 NTSC discs as most players that have been released over here are capable of both PAL & NTSC output. However as Iv'e stated previously, I believe that the Region 2 model wasn't equipped with a component output, and had SCARTS instead. ( Again, can anyone confirm this?) which, if correct, means that the USA model has access to a superior method of outputing it's signal. ( Which of course is only of benefit if your display device is equipped with a component input!)

There were/are Region 2 models of the 860 / 870D and these are equipped with the superior component outputs like their Region 1 brothers.

By the way, the "D" suffix on the 850 & 870 indicate that they are equipped with on-board Dolby Digital & DTS decoders which could be useful if your amplification is not so endowed. The 860 is the same as the 870D but without the on-board decoder. Also, the 850D is a 200 disc multiplayer while the 860 / 870D are 301 disc models.

In terms of performance, through their component outputs, the 850D and 860 models exhibit a detailed picture with the typicaly smooth colour reproduction of Sony players and will be sure to please. I was very pleasently surprised how well the picture quality stood up to direct comparison with my ( admitedly older ) reference players. ( Sony DVP-S7000 & Pioneer DVS9 ). The test that I use for this, is the opening sequence from Disney's Dinosaur DVD ( the bit inside the egg ), as I find this very revealing of the ability of different players to reveal detail coming off of the disc. You'll be surprised at the differences that you can spot with this sequence, even to the extent that you start to see a picture at different times on different players!....try it, I guarantee you'll be amazed!

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

6. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting for the new Sony 875D to be released in the UK (Launch date was set for September). This is a 301 disk player which is slightly smaller than the older 850/860 and has the following additional features :-

Progresive scan
    MP3/DVD-r/DVD+rw/CDRW compatible
    revised UI
    DD/DTS
    6 disk resume/301 disk playback memory

The initial rrp is about 500 notes.

7. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Darren,

Can you tell me where you got the skinny on the 875 model?

( I'm interested myself if I'm unable to purchase more 860's. )

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

8. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    KBDVD u have PM

As for the 875D all i can find is stuff about printers heheheheh

9. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  10. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Nobber!

I see what the problem was, the 875 carries a P suffix!

Full model No: DVP-CX875P.

Iv'e had a look now & the only difference from the 860/870 seem's to be that the 875P's component output is switchable between interlaced & progressive. ( It might also be compatible with more of the recordable dvd formats. ) Physicaly, it is of the same dimensions as the 860/870D and has the same disc change mechanism and interface.

I'm surprised that Sony didn't take the opportunity to "up the Anti" and make it a 401 disc capacity as their DVD laser pick up must be small enough by now & they are able to produce a 401 disc CD multichanger within a similar sized enclosure. I'm sure that the physical disc change mechanism can't be so different as to make this an impossibility?......I suppose we can't expect too many improvements at the same time can we?.....after all, what would then be the major selling point for next years model?......( The DVP-CX880P no doubt! )

Best Regards,
    KBDVD>

11. mediaman

mediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anywhere in the uk that sells this :)

12. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure its been released yet.....sony dragging there heals a bit

I bought a 860 and im very happy with it but will but the 875 sony as its out....mmmmmmm prog scan

13. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a R2 CX850D and confirm it was modded to play R1.

There was an initial firmware glitch which I had to wait for to be fixed until the dealer modded the player.

It was modded before RCE so doesn't play RCE discs (which aint many). Very sound player.

Outgrown it now (330 disks +) so upgraded to a Denon 3800. Sharky PM me if you're interested in purchasing. I will be sticking it in the hardware fro sale section once I get organised.

14. mediaman

mediaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi m8 does the r2 cx850d play dvdrs ?

15. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got a clue. I'll give my bruv a ring - I'm sure he has some and I'll plug one in and let you know.

16. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my 860 plays dvd r's made on the pioneer dvd writer for pc

has trubs playing back dvd ram discs made on the panasonic stand alone dvd recorder tho