DVD, CD and BluRay?

JPW74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an old, once excellent Roksan Kandy Mk2 CD player. It stopped working a while back.

I also have an old Pioneer DVD DV636 multiregion player (bought 1999).

I am thinking that rather than repair the Roksan to buy a single compromise - something that will play DVD, CD and maybe Blu-Ray too. My Pioneer DVD player fails to play many CDs, no idea why.

Mutli-region is important as we have a lot of American and Brazilian DVDs.

Looking for recommendations that are below £500, if there is such a thing!

Thanks

Jon.

Thanks, that looks great. Certainly right at the top end of the budget. Not fussed about multi-zone Bluray so much.

Any cheaper recommendations? Might be looking at a new screen and a sub-woofer too .... and still not got this all authorised by the boss .....

OK, been searching Amazon and also took another look at my requirements. While the Oppo is very tempting, I think that I might struggle as I need to get a laptop too ....

But, I do need a machine that not only is multi-region DVD and plays CDs, but also has digital coax out as well as HDMI. My AV amp (Harmon Kardon AVR330) only has digital coax input, so I will have to sent the picture direct to TV and the sound via the amp.

Not sure if I should post this as an alternative - found by searching for "blu-ray coax" on Amazon:

NEW SONY BDP-S1100 Multizone All Region Code Free DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

SONY BDP-S1100 Multizone All Region Code Free DVD Blu ray Player - 1 USB, 1 HDMI, 1 COAX, 1 ETHERNET + 6 Feet HDMI Cable Included. Small Size (W x D x H) 290 x 193 x 42 mm. 100~240V 50/60Hz Int'l Version with EU/UK Power Plug (2m HDMi Cable Included)
£200

Hmmmm.

But then if I got the Oppo now .... maybe next year a bigger and better tele would be justified ....

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I just bought: 'Sony BDPS790 3D SMART Blu-ray Player with Built-in Wi-Fi'...

Discussion closed. I hope I made the right decision. Financially the right one!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom