dvd catalogue!!

esoxcrazy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to catalogue my dvd’s are they any programs I can use?

Hi,

http://www.intervocative.com/Downloads.aspx

This is DVD Profiler, and once downloaded it is really easy to use. Just go to ADD DvD, and enter in the barcode on the back of your boxes, it downloads the covers, cast, specs and everything else you can imagine.

It's a fantastic program that alot of people use.

Cheers :thumbsup:

ok that's great thanks for a quick reply

I’ll be cataloguing my dvd’s shortly.

Thanks again :clap:

Just downloaded it. Thanks for the excellent tip.
Very impressive little piece of software. Just wish there was a way to synchronize your collection with your mates so you all don´t end up buying the same DVD´s

Sick Note said:
Just downloaded it. Thanks for the excellent tip.
Very impressive little piece of software. Just wish there was a way to synchronize your collection with your mates so you all don´t end up buying the same DVD´s

there is a way my friend. Go to the online tab, then IVS website, then IVS main site.
Once the web page goes up click on SIGN UP. Once done, you can go back to your downloaded DVD Profiler, go to online tab, then My Profiler, then click on UPLOAD LINKS.
Voila you can then access your list from any computer by going to the website. Your friends can see your list if you give them your username and password (if you can trust them), or all look if you are at the one computer and all sign up.
I do this in work, and its a great way of looking at friends lists etc. :beer:

Also, on DVD Profiler in case you miss this (I did) you can download different skins etc and print out different style of reports, again downloading different skins. Some are really well done.

Hey edinburgh160 you are a genius.
Just followed your instructions, set up my database online, 3 of my mates did the same and hey presto one big DVD collection. :clap:
Thanks again

sorry, I don't know of any cd programs, however there must be some out there. Maybe a forum can help you with that one.

DVDProfiler is free , however there is a premium version which takes away some advertising and some other extras. I dont subscribe to it though. Maybe someone else out there does ????? Generally the free one is good enough for me.

Cheers

I am another one extol the virtues of dvdprofiler.

A word of advice though, don't ask on the intervocative forum about a cd version as it is a touchy subject, generally because every mother and their dog (including me :blush: ) asks about it and the mods are getting tired of the repeated question.

And don't forget when you've got your collection inserted to put a link in your sig so that the rest of can have a mooch at it and see if you've got something we like the look of and wouldn't mind getting a copy of. I've done this a couple of times and found some really choice sets that I've ended up buying.

HI Lovemunkey,

I've tried to set up a link in my sig, how do you do it ?

cheers

[*url=http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/edinburgh160]edinburgh160 profile[/url*]

This example is assuming that you're signed up with same handle there as here. You do not need the 2 * in the link, I've just done that so that you can see the full thing. Also if you're not edinburgh160 on profiler then the first edinburgh160, the one before the "]" needs to be changed for whoever you've signed up as (mine reads tion.aspx/lovemunkey187] ).

Where I've put "edinburgh160 profile" you can put anything you want as long as it's not breaking forum profanity rules :) .

So just highlight, right click, copy and then paste in the signature bit of your profile. Oh yeah and don't forget to tick the radio button for a public profile :D

Clear as mud now? :D

hi guys, sorry for commenting so late but i've just noticed that it doesn't upload all of my dvd's which is a bit of a pisser!!!

Look at my collection, between 1 and 99 there are about 16 missing???

Is anyone else having this problem???

Hi, I had this and what I had to do was delete my online collection then re-submit (download) and they all appeared.

cheers, i figured it out after a while and went to the FAQ on the website. It was all the 18+ films. I just had to let the online edition show adult films.
Thanks 4 the propmt reply!!!

hughesy said:
hi guys, sorry for commenting so late but i've just noticed that it doesn't upload all of my dvd's which is a bit of a pisser!!!

Look at my collection, between 1 and 99 there are about 16 missing???

Is anyone else having this problem???

On the DVDPro you've got downloaded onto your comp:-
TOOLS-----> OPTIONS----->Parental Control, under the section with the title "Adult Title Definition" put a dot in the radio button labelled "Adult, 18, or Not Rated"(mines ticked to allow adult ads, as well. don't know if this means anthing or not) then click on "Okay".

On th Intervocative website:-
My Profiler(at the top of the page)----->Online Collection(this is on the left hand side of the page)----->Online Collection Settings, under the section "Show In Public Listing:" put a tick next to the one labelled "Adult Titles".

Under the section "Show In Private Listing:" put a tick next to the one labelled "Adult Titles".

Under the section "Adult Definition:" put a tick next to the one labelled "Standard ('Adult' Rating or 'Adult' Genre)"

Hope this helps :) As this is how mine is set up.

If you have your own webspace with PHP and SQL you can setup a standalone version of the website.....it was written by someone with no ties to Invocotive (AFAIK) and can be customised via PHP and SQL....I've been playing with the stats page a lot - more for fun then anything else tho :)

There is a large thread on it here with links to the downloads.....

My collection page is based on this (still uses DVDProfiler to enter the details thho)

halfacandan said:
Being a tight Scot. I didn't want to pay for DVD profiler so I found a free alternative. Not quite as user friendly but it's what I used to build My Site.

MovieTrack

Odd question I know, but why didn't you just d/l the free version of DVDProfiler? I did. And I'm not a Scot.

I did but there were a few of my DVDs that it didn't recognise (and it didn't seem to have any versions of the film in its database!). It may just have been me being stupid but it ****** me off sufficiently to try something different. Am I right in thinking that there is only a 30 day free trial? I needed something that I could update every now and again.

Dan

halfacandan said:
I did but there were a few of my DVDs that it didn't recognise (and it didn't seem to have any versions of the film in its database!). It may just have been me being stupid but it ****** me off sufficiently to try something different. Am I right in thinking that there is only a 30 day free trial? I needed something that I could update every now and again.

Dan

I've been using mine since January this year without any probs. The reason that it didn't recognise some of your collection is that it's a user created database, so no one else had got the discs at the time you tried to add them to your collection. If you do decide to add the titles to the DB it's incredibly easy to do.

I will be getting a lap top for home soon. Does any one know the best way to transfer the info from my work pc to my lap top when I get it.
Will I have to install DVD profiler on the lap top and then down load from my site online? Or can I just save the info to a disc/flopy and transfer the info this way?

Cheers .
Dave.

If they are networked you could just copy the Intervocative folder over to the new machine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom