1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD capture

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Pierscoe1, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Pierscoe1

Pierscoe1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can someone please tell me that there is a way of capturing video from a DVD without using 8 different programs and 43 different file types and all the rest of it!!!

all I want to do is capture a few mins of DVD onto my hard-drive, as a file that can be played in mediaplayer etc.

Please someone help if you can.. all I can find is endless tutorials on using hundreds of different programs and a really evolved process... I just want to capture a bit of film...

Many Thanks to anyone that has any ideas

Piers

2. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    DVD Decrypter is the best for ripping dvd to HD and use PowerDVD to play the video.

That's all there is to it.

[edited to remove link to ripping software by nutcase_1uk]

3. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So I've had a link removed by nutcase_1uk to the DVD Decrypter website. To a piece of saoftware that is legally available to download for free and is legal to own and use.

[What was meant to be a private PM removed by Spectre]

Are we going to have discussion of these on the forums banned now?

4. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Following on from the above, it appears nutcase_1uk is not adverse to using software capable of "piracy", but also of providing instructions on how to do so within the forums.

Have a look at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60972 and make up your own minds.

It certainly appears to be worse than the software I recommended

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,530
    That software can no other use than creating illegal pirate copies and by publishing that URL you are promoting piracy.
    As per the forum rules, that link was fairly removed.
    We've recently relaxed the rules relating to piracy. Previously this thread would have been deleted immediately.
    Piracy is illegal and we don't allow it's promotion.
    If previous discussion have done worse than your thread then they should be dealt with aswell.
    Please stop whining about the forum rules. Just deal with it.
    Nutcase - will you please see to that?

6. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The link to the progam was what was altered, not mention of it. Noone has said that discussion of piracy is banned.

Yes, that thread linked to broke forum rules. Now it has been brought to my attention again I have moderated it accordingly. Moderators are not above the rules, even for posts made before becoming a moderator.

This is a good time to remind forum users that if they find a thread which they believe breaks forum rules, or they otherwise find offensive, that is what the 'report post to moderator' button is for.