Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD cancellation charge

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by common, Mar 22, 2002.

1. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Did you know if you pre-order a DVD from futureent then cancel the order they charge you a 2% fee ! I know it's only 30p but does anyone know why ?

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    Possibly an over-ordering/stocking ploy [​IMG]

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    That, allied to the fact they charge as soon as an order is placed, means I probably won't be using them very much in the future.

4. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its because they rip you of by charging you as soon as you place an order.
    Therefore presume it is to cover the fee they have to pay their credit card processor to make the initial charge and then the refund. This would not be needed if they waited until an item is despatched. Most retailers pay around 2% transaction fee so on a £15 disk this is 30p which is normally covered by the profit margin on a sale. As you cancel there is no sale so Futureent just want to recoup the money they paid rather than take a loss because of your cancellation.

5. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I may be wrong, but isn't taking payment for something that hasn't been dispatched against the law?

I wonder if you raised this with your credit card company if they would do anything about it.

Sounds to me they are just trying to get as much money as soon as possible. What would happen if they went out of biz tomorrow? There would be lots of people out of pocket that's what.

Take your orders elsewhere and avoid any site that takes your money before sending the goods.

6. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alan agree with your comments. Look at what happened recently with another importer.
    That's why I use Movietyme as they don't charge you until the goods are despatched.

7. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,070
    I've just realised that futureent charge when you place the order..so far this week they've charged me over £100 and sent 2 discs as the others aren't in stock..so how long do I have to wait..?
    Not happy..

8. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree that the way futureent goes about this is wrong, but apart from that, their service is good. They may be having difficulties with suppliers and pre orders and mauy be needing to pay up front.... I really dont know though. Maybe if someone from futureent paid attention and got themselves a forum on here we might get these answers!

ad