Dvd camera editing

parkem50

Standard Member
Can anyone help me with edit software for a pc, so I can edit from my dvd camcorder?
The camera does not have firewire out, so the dvd has to go into the pc. I hope that makes sense?
Any advice welcome
Thanks.

jaymac

Sevral of the editing programmes will do this some easier to use than others and some pricier than others you can download free trials of most. I use adobe elements or magix movie editor there are others.

MarkE19

I would suggest that you go for a program that offers 'smart rendering' as this will help to maintain the PQ of your footage as you will be working with compressed MPEG-2 video. AFAIK there are only a few programs that offer this and the ones I know of are Ulead Video Studio, Womble Video Wizard & Video Redo.

Mark.

A

Analogue

I would suggest that you go for a program that offers 'smart rendering' as this will help to maintain the PQ of your footage as you will be working with compressed MPEG-2 video. AFAIK there are only a few programs that offer this and the ones I know of are Ulead Video Studio, Womble Video Wizard & Video Redo.

Mark.

In my experience editing MPEG-2 using the "smart rendering" in ULead Video Studio
gives poor results. From what I have read on this and other forums the only MPEG-2 editors that really work are Womble and Vegas.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom