DVD Camcorder into my Computer?

D

david park

Which is the best way to transfer into the editing programme.
I can put the small DVD into the DVD tray of the computer or connect the camcorder to the computer with a usb cable.
Which is the better way or is there no difference?
(Please keep answers simple as I'm not that technical, sorry about that.)

I've recently recorder onto 3 small DVDs in the camcorder all with the camcorder set at w/s. I transfered all 3 to the computer with the small DVDs in the compter DVD tray. When playing back the resulting normal size DVD pictures from the middle small DVD are perfect 16x9, but the other 2 are letterbox, ie people are squashed from the top and bottom.
Can't see what I did differently.
Thanks.

jomike

Which is the best way to transfer into the editing programme.
I can put the small DVD into the DVD tray of the computer or connect the camcorder to the computer with a usb cable.
Which is the better way or is there no difference?

Both will work, but putting the DVD in the PC's DVD drive is easier.

When playing back the resulting normal size DVD pictures from the middle small DVD are perfect 16x9, but the other 2 are letterbox, ie people are squashed from the top and bottom.
Can't see what I did differently.

Do all the DVDs play in wide screen if you play them on a DVD player or PC?
What program are you using to edit and how did you transfer the video to the computer?

Regards, Mike

D

david park

From my orginal post.

"I transfered all 3 to the computer with the small DVDs in the computer DVD tray. When playing back the resulting normal size DVD pictures from the middle small DVD are perfect 16x9, but the other 2 are letterbox, ie people are squashed from the top and bottom.
Can't see what I did differently."

So yes used the camcorder DVDs in the computers DVD player.
Yes all 3 of the camcorders DVDs play proper 16x9 w/s on the TV.

I used the simple editing programme supplied with the camcorder "My DVD" by Rioxio. I do have later versions of the Roxio, Eg 8.5 but I find the My DVD a lot easier to use. I guess in time I will get really into this and move up but at present wish to get into this programme, I'm a slow learner who appreciates you guys out there.

B

beginner

From my orginal post.

"I transfered all 3 to the computer with the small DVDs in the computer DVD tray. When playing back the resulting normal size DVD pictures from the middle small DVD are perfect 16x9, but the other 2 are letterbox, ie people are squashed from the top and bottom.
Can't see what I did differently."

So yes used the camcorder DVDs in the computers DVD player.
Yes all 3 of the camcorders DVDs play proper 16x9 w/s on the TV.

I used the simple editing programme supplied with the camcorder "My DVD" by Rioxio. I do have later versions of the Roxio, Eg 8.5 but I find the My DVD a lot easier to use. I guess in time I will get really into this and move up but at present wish to get into this programme, I'm a slow learner who appreciates you guys out there.

Am I wrong in thinking that you cannot just record onto a dvd camcorder and then when its done just pop in your dvd player and it plays it back?

Was thinking of getting a dvd camcorder and someone told me I could do this.

jomike

Am I wrong in thinking that you cannot just record onto a dvd camcorder and then when its done just pop in your dvd player and it plays it back?

Was thinking of getting a dvd camcorder and someone told me I could do this.

Yes, you can play back a DVD recorded in a DVD camcorder in a DVD player. With -R/RW you have to finalise the DVD in the camcorder before it will play in a DVD player. This takes about 2mins. With +RW you can play it straight away.

Regards, Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom