1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Phatboy, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Phatboy

Phatboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any advise on burning home movies to DVD? I use Studio * to create movies with menus etc which i burn using studio 8 to DVD. These work ok in my PC dvd drive but not my domestic dvd player. the first menu comes up but doesn't access the dvd! I also notice some poor quality in sound and missed scenes on final burn't dvd despite the pc preview being fine.

Should i be using nero to burn or do i need the studio 8 updates?

I don't use my movie pc on line!

2. driver8

driver8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Phatboy - not dabbled myself, but a colleague uses Ulead Movie Factory with good results.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I too use Studio 8 to edit my movies, but have found the DVD burning capabiliy somewhat unreliable. I therefore save the DVD image to disk from within Studio (it is one of the options you can select), and then burn it onto the DVD using Nero. I've not had a problem doing it this way to date.

However, it is always worth making sure you have the latest Studio update as they are released on a fairly frequent basis and it is quite a buggy piece of software.

4. Phatboy

Phatboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for info. I tried the image route in studio 8, but Nero expects a different file type. How do you know which pinnacle files to put into Nero DVD buring window?

5. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I produced my first ever DVD last night after buying Uleads Movie Factory 2.0 deluxe - it was amazingly easy (inc capture) with some great results, I would recommend it

6. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm in an even worse state than you phatboy i haven't been able to burn any home video footage to DVD through pinnacle express rubbish the discs i copy don't play on anything including the DVD writer which produced them. I'm totally dis-heartend by it all. anyone got any ideas?

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Have a look at www.dvdrhelp.com
    They have step by step tutorials for many software applications and lots of helpful advise.

Mark.