DVD Burning Drive for home PC

Andy Mack

Standard Member
Hello, i have had loads of problems with my Sony DVD RW DW-D22A burning loads of coasters. Its dont it ever since i got it, should have changed it.

I started using datewrite titanium DVDs but after reading on here that Taiyo Yuden were the best DVD media to use but recently the drive burned 4 coasters in a row!

NOT HAPPY!

so i was looking to replace it, does anyone know a good reliable DVD burning drive? I need it to not burn a lot of duffers because i make american football dvds and sell them. so if i burn them and they are **** it costs me money.

Thanks for your help

Andy

just looked on ebuyer and this one looks good, what do you think?
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/98443

Singh400

Distinguished Member
I've heard loads of good stuff about Pioneer optical drives. I personally own a Philips DVD +/- RW DVD8631 (OEM). Never had any problems with it.

DNWILLIAMS

Novice Member
The NEC's are good I have used quite a few in builds and I have two in my copy box. At the moment I have a Pioneer 110 and an LG DVD RAM GSA-H10N in my main pc and LG GSAH10N's in the others. Very reliable and fast :smashin: Decent DVD burners are £20 - £25 from any of the online retailers. I don't know how they sell anything other than dvd burners these days.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
DVD-ROM is 'read only', so it cannot write. You want DVD±RW.

Are you sure your PC is OK? I've seen problems with power supplies not being rated high enough to supply all the components in the PC, and it produces symptoms like yours.

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
I have a Pioneer drive and it has given me excellent service in the 2 years since it was bought. I would definately buy another.

Andy Mack

Standard Member
Stiggy said:
DVD-ROM is 'read only', so it cannot write. You want DVD±RW.

Are you sure your PC is OK? I've seen problems with power supplies not being rated high enough to supply all the components in the PC, and it produces symptoms like yours.
ive just replaced the power supply recently. i think other people have had problems with the drive and trying to get the fireware updates are a nightmare. A new drive is only £20 so its not too much to pay.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom