DVD Buring Problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by marshy.dave, Nov 4, 2004.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone can help

I am trying to transfer and burn my video footage from my camcorder. I have tried analogue footage and digitial footage but I keep getting the follow error message at about 25% of the burn process

POWER CALIBRATION FAILURE

This only happens if i try and burn more than 20 mins footage, upto 20 mins and it burns ok from either analogue or digital.

I have tried using ULEAD Video Studio 8 and Pinnacle 9 but still get the same problems.

Also any ideas why Pinnacle takes so damn long to render? its almost 10 times as slow as the ULEAD software.

I am using Firewire to to the capture.

Has anyone come across this?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Assume you're using a PC recorder? If so what model; how old? It may be a buffer under run issue. Have you tried burning at x1 speed?

If the drive cannot handle the data being sent to it a firmware update might help. If its a bit long in the tooth then maybe a new one?

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Philip,

I have also read that it maybe a media problem. I will try burning at a slower speed. Its Pioneer drive not sure what model.

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just another piece of advice from my own experience.

I wouldn't use Pinnacle to burn the DVD. Instead, select the option to create the image on hard disk and then use a dedicated program, such as Nero, to burn the DVD.

I've found this to be a more reliable method.