1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD bulk sale...how much are they worth?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Smurfin, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,165
    Wonder if anyone can give me some advice, I have around 200 DVD's - a selection of old and new, R1 and R2, with the odd R3 in there - that I want to sell.

If I were to get shot of them as a bulk sale, how much realistically should I expect to get? I know 2nd hand disc prices seem to be dropping all the time (depressing isn't it?), but I was hoping to get on average £4 per disc, making a total sale of £800-£850. Is this reasonable?

Cheers
    Matt

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I buy collections in order to cherry pick the titles for my own collection. The rest go on ebay and as you say the prices are plummeting. I realistically now very rarely work on offering more than £3 per disk (on average). Obviously if there is the odd box set or decent title the price is adjusted accordingly. However it still boils down to they go for peanuts - some I let go for 99p just to get rid :(

if you have the time selling them seperatly will give you nearer the £800-900 mark but as a job lot £600-700 is more realistic. IMHO that is

3. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with Graham as I have myself bought in the past job-lots. Nowadays amny disks are peanuts and unless you have a particularly desirable collection with OOP's, boxsets and SE's, you're not going to get much more than the equivalent of 3 quid a disk. In fact, if a collection comprises of mainly routine stuff, I wouldn't pay that much. You may get tops £4 for some titles, but when you factor in postage, packaging and the whole inconvenience of selling off individually, then £3 a title is a very good deal - IMO!

How come you're thinking of getting rid of your collection Smurfin - or are you just geting rid of the chaff?

4. Smurfin

Smurfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,165
    There is inevitable some chaff, but alot of them are good titles: it's just I don't have room for one, and most of the time I find that I don't get time to watch movies even once, let alone twice!

But £3 per DVD? :eek: :eek: :eek: That's plain depressing...