1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Box Office Crap Service

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jay, Sep 5, 2001.

1. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a dvd from this site i ordered it on 15 Aug and it still did not arrive 5/09/01<br />I rang them but they told me i would have to wait for up to 8 weeks before they would do anything.Do not buy from dvd box office unless you want to wait a long time for your delevery,i bought from AB Sound ordered on 30/8/01 Delevered on 4/9/01 much better service.Jay

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Hi Jay,

The delay with orders via ~DVD Box Office isn't them. It's Customs. Some times they can fly through. Other times it can take a while.

I've ordered hundreds of discs from them and most arrive within two weeks. Longest wait was seven weeks.

Have you not tried Play247.com ?<br />They have a very fast delivery time that's free.<br />Get most Region one titles (if they are in stock) within three days !!! That's what I call service.<br />There prices are good too - not as cheap as DVD Box Office though, but if your in a hurry then try them out.

3. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    About a year ago I stopped using DVDBO. Whether or not it's them or customs matters not, the service you goet from ordering from DVDBO is very bad. Plus in the good old days, when the exchange rate was good, the DVD's costed around 11 or 12 quid. Sadly there isn't much of saving anymore.

I buy mine from (in order of preference) Movietyme, Play247 and Future Entertainment.

Others don't rate MT but I've only good things to say about them. They tend to ship new releases early, e.g I rcvd Basic Instinct Ice Pick Version on Sept 1st, it's not even released in the states until 18/09 !!

Ian.

4. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try ABsound in canada great service 5 or 6 days delevery. <a href="http://www.absound.ca/music/dvd/dvd.html" target="_blank">http://www.absound.ca/music/dvd/dvd.html</a><br />the best prices around try them and see<br />Jay

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    I find DVDBO to be very slow in processing orders, although delivery only takes 1 to 2 weeks it's often a wait of 2-3 weeks just for them to ship them out. It seems they keep nothing other than the brand new releases in stock.<br />Still, I'm a patient guy and I use them for their competitive pricing more than anything else. But then I've only ever ordered 3 discs from them, and the third is still waiting to be shipped after 10 days.

6. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    I use AB Sound for most of my Canadian purchases, I only used DVDBO on 3 occasions when they were cheaper. I must say though, ABS have had just as many times when they've not had any stock and kept me waiting a while. I think they're a better company though, and they definitely deliver quicker.

7. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I used to use DVD Boxoffice a lot and never had anyproblems. Films used to be with me within 10-12 days of shipping and they always shipped as if they were gifts, so I have never had any customs duty on a DVDBO order.

I always thought that this length of time was acceptable, considering it was free delivery from Canada. The only reason I don't buy so much from them now is due to the poor exchange rate.