dvd authoring software

arbin

Standard Member
I am compiling short home films and slide shows using dedicated software (Pinnacle Studio and ProShow Gold) to finalise each project.

I am now looking for some software (known, I believe, as DVD authoring) into which I can copy and compile the files in list form. I would then like to select a group of files from the list and burn them with a titles menu to DVD for TV viewing so that I can select which one to run.

I believe that Nero and Roxio include this facility in overall packages but these also duplicate the creative and editing facilities which I already have in my dedicated software.

Can anyone suggest a stand-alone DVD authoring program?

bsuttie

Novice Member
I use DVD Lab Pro from Mediachance. It's a very powerful authoring programme. Sounds like you could get away with one of their simpler products. There's a chart here which shows the features of each. You can download a fully working demo.

regards

Brian

MarkE19

Pinnacle Studio has DVD authoring built in, so perhaps you don't need to get any additional software.
A very good standalone DVD authoring program (well I use it :D ) is Ulead DVD MovieFactory. You can get a free 30 day trial of it from the Ulead web site and if you want to buy it it only costs about £30

Mark.

senu

Distinguished Member
Another nod for MovieFactory. :smashin:
I similarly use it for projects from PSG and various other video editors and Other editing packages (even those with buit on DVD authoring ability) however, in its version 6+ it also has editing facility..which you can chose not to use
It can take DVD ready mpeg2 which it will not re-encode in making a DVD
DVD Architect Studio ( From Sony Vegas family) is usually packaged with the Main Program but can be used as a standalone.

I also use MovieWorkshop2 which has sadly not gone beyond ver 2 and does not support Hi def. It is however very slick and is easy to use

Although Nero Vision has editing abilities you can simply use it to author DVDs but it is not nearly as richly featured as UMF

arbin

Standard Member
Thanks guys for all your help. I have already made a start on following up the suggestions and will soon be boring everyone with my "masterpieces".

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom