DVD Audio

D

DonMaico

Does any one know whether they are still obtainable ? My local retailer no longer stocks them:confused :

Hawklord

D

DonMaico

Thanks Hawklord I guess the second one must be region 1

PaulBoy

DonMaico ... My local branch of MVC (Camberley) has a selection of DVD-A & SACD if you are a millionaire you could buy from them
For us non-millionaire types I have started using dvdpacific.com who are based in Miami & DVD-A & SACD stuff is about £9 - £11 depending on which postage you go for (airmail is quicker - 4/5days - surfacemail is slower 7/10days but cheaper!)
cduniverse.com have a big selection too at similar prices but I havent used them yet ... HTH ... Paul ;)

D

DonMaico

millionaire ?? Whats that ? LOL
We have an mvc here as well and it doesnt stock DVD a anymore so I'll try those websites you sentb me . Cheers!

Mike

Marv

You can play a dvd audio disc in any dvd player right?? its just the SACD that need a compatible player to play them in right??

graham.myers

no, you need a dvd-audio capable player and an amp that can accept 6 channel imput - an optical cable wont do it

bowenjones

Originally posted by Marv
You can play a dvd audio disc in any dvd player right?? its just the SACD that need a compatible player to play them in right??
You can play dvd-audio discs in any dvd player as most of them contain a dolby digital or dts soundtrack. But to get the high resolution sound off the disc, you must have a dvd-audio player connected to an amp that has 6 analogue channel inputs.