1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD audio VS sacd

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by John Sparks, Jun 24, 2002.

1. John Sparks

John Sparks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got back from Detroit and i thought i'd tell y'all about the whole audio thing there . I went into quite a few electronic and software stores ( Bestbuy Circuit city , Borders etc ) and could'nt find any SACD titles . There seems to be a growing number of DVD-A though , there is even Motorhead and the Sex Pistols ! in surround ! so maybe the DVD -A is the way it might be going.

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. I would put my money on SACD purely because of the Sony connection but who knows. One thing I'm sure of is I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a dedicated player for either yet until one is defeated. I have SACD but it's an extra function on my DVD player as far as I'm concerned, if it goes away, I'll still have a DVD for movies. Would hate to spend over a grand on a SACD or DVD-A player right now.