1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio to iPod

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by rnjones, May 10, 2004.

1. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone figured out how to extract the stereo tracks from a DVDV or DVDA to iTunes and hence an iPod?

Have a few DVDA's I would like to put on my iPod.

Rog

2. mistuk

mistuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Easiest way is to use a program like AudioHijack (I presume you're using a mac), which can intercept (for want of a better word) any audio that's being played on your mac and save it to a file. You can then import the audio into iTunes and sync with your iPod.

There are some command line tools available, but I've not had much success with them

Kev

3. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kev, I am not on a Mac but on Windows XP, but thanks for the info.

Rog

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    You'll know that DVD-A is stored as encrypted data on the disc,and thus you'll be unable to extract the full 24/96 or 24/192 tracks from the disc....the best you may get is CD quality(i.e.16/44.1) from the digital out of your player/transport prior to transfer to the iPod.

DVD-V is a different matter,and there are programs which will do this,although the issue of copyright may arise.