1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Salarian, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Salarian

Salarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I have a Samsung (DVD-HD941)... And it is capable of playing DVD-A and SACD. I don't have the Cables for SACD yet, But I do have some DVD-Audio Disc. I am Having problems with the Linkin Park: Reanimation and Nine Inch Nails: Downward Spiral DuelDisc. It seems to not want to Decode the 5.1 Tracks Properly. My Reciever will only stay in Pro Logic II. I have also used the Audio Function with the DVD Controller, and it comes up saying PPCM5.1 for the Dolby Digital Track. I know it is not my Reciever that is having a problem cause aparently my PS2 can Decode it into Doldy Digital 5.1 and the Reciever Displays it at DD5.1. But it wont do it for the DVD Player. and this is the Second DVD Player that has done this.

I don't always want to have to use my PS2 in order to play certain DVD-Audio Disc.

This is the Setup I have:
    DVD Player: Samsung DVD-HD941
    Reciever: DENON AVR-3803 (Same as the 3805)
    Speaker System: Bose Acustimass 16 6.1

Please Help!!

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,559
    You need to use the 6 phono leads from the pre-outs on the dvd player, to the 5.1 external input on your amp. Your amp needs to do NO decoding, so i'd say you've either got the cables wrong, or your amp on the wrong input.

3. Salarian

Salarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you talking about the SACD Cables for 5.1 Channel Output from the DVD Player to the Reciever. If so I havn't bought those yet. Plus I got Coaxial going from the Player to Reciever. I am getting sound from the PPCM5.1 Audio, but it is not decoding into Doldy Digital. I am just getting PL2.

4. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As MJN said, you won't get any further until you connect via 6 phonos.

5. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    SACD and DVD-A are in the same boat you either use 6 phono leads or IEEE. The only way to get DVD-A down co-axial is if you set your player to video rather then audio (at lest with denon) this is why your Playstation shows 5.1. Its playing the video part of the disc where your over player is reading the Audio layer.

6. Salarian

Salarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for the Help...

7. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Not entirely true as there is a DD 5.1 mix on the DVD-A of Linkin Park as well.. I use that via coax on my Arcam dvd player...(which does not have the DVD-A board fitted).

So as correctly mentioned above you need to change the priority of your player to see the 5.1 soundtrack instead of the DVD-A layer..

Matt

8. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,559
    you could do that.....but then you'd get no DVD-A :rolleyes:

9. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Ok :) True but the original question said his amp never went out of PL2 and he has not bought the 6 cables yet!.. but either way he should be able to enjoy the 5.1 soundtrack regardless....