1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio problems with STR-VA555ES and Panasonic S75 DVD

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ollie501, Jul 17, 2003.

1. ollie501

ollie501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

I have recently bought a Panasonic S75, mainly because of it's ability to handle DVD-Audio, as well as a decent range of DVD & VCD formats.
    The problem is, I cannot acheive an analogue multichannel signal for DVD-A.
    It plays Dolby Digital, DTS etc, through the optical connection with no problems, as well as stereo DVD-A.
    However,I am advised that to do multichannel, it needs to be done via analogue. No problem, I thought, and hitched it up to Multichannel 1 on my Sony Amp (STR-VA555ES). I have tried changing between PCM and Bitstream on the DVD, and nothing.
    The amp is fine as far as I can tell. I have an SACD player, which I have connected to each set of Multichannel connectors on the amp, to make sure they are both working, which they are. I have also tried the DVD player in each set of inputs, still with no effect. It won't play anything at all though the analogue connections, Dolby, or otherwise, and certainly not DVD-A, which is the main reason for buying this player.
    Does anyone have any advice, or experience of this. I have looked for a firmware update, although have so far been unsuccesful.

Any advice very gratefully recieved. (
    Here's hoping!
    Thanks

Ollie

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    No probs with my 555 and Panny RA82..

Sounds like a faulty player maybe?

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go into the "speaker setting" menu on the DVD player and ensure you have "multichannel" enabled...there's only 2 choices, multichannel and stereo. Choosing multichannel will open up another menu to allow you to adjust the speaker levels through the DVD player...