1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Audio phono cables.

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by The_kUrGaN, Jan 15, 2005.

1. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can anybody please recommend some phono leads for connecting my DVD player (Pioneer DV575A) to my Amp to enable DVD Audio? Does it make any difference if I use leads with 2 phono's or 3 ? Are there any phono leads to stay clear of? Thanks for any advice :)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Steer clear of the cheapo cables supplied with players. Other than that it really depends on all your equipment as to how much you spend on cables. I would however recommend you don't pay a fortune. These cables are highly recommended and I use similar on my system. I replaced 3 pairs of phono cables costing £20 each with them and did notice an improvement.

Mark.

3. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Any phono cables will work. The ones you have linked to would be good enough to get you started and possibly as good as you need. You will only know by trying a few different cables out and seeing if you can tell any difference.
    I personally don't believe in spending a fortune on any cables, but IMHO you will notice a difference between 'cheap' and 'not too expensive' cables, so I advise you get cables that are as good as you can justify spending the money on. DVD-A is a high resolution format that does benefit from better cables as long as the rest of the setup is good enough to take advantage of the upgrade.

Mark.